Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Trade Compliance Excellence Lead will take the lead in defining and conveying process strategy and standards for Global Trade Compliance processes. In this role, you will be an active steward of the Global Trade Compliance process framework according to best practices taking into account regional and local regulatory requirements. You will be the main point of contact for the global and regional trade compliance teams and serve as a subject matter authority, nurturing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead process development, deployment and standardization for complex projects regionally and globally.
- Communicate and benchmark with external peer groups and professional associations to identify trends in processing, technology, cross-border service offerings and sourcing and emerging markets.
- Interpret external benchmarking trends and understand how those translate to future design requirements.
- Partner with Global Trade Compliance Leadership to harmonize and align global and regional trade compliance management systems and processes.
- Oversee workforce administration of general policies and programs.
- Lead and maintain assigned process stream playbooks, documentation and other support material to ensure they are kept up to date as changes are implemented.
- Support design and deliver specific training for new procedures as well as support the communication plan.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate to diverse, global cultures at all levels within the organization.
- Experience implementing and sustaining cross border related processes and management systems across multiple lines of business and diverse countries, regulatory and legal environments
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing organizational change and quality culture
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization, managing large or complex projects, cross business and function collaborations
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Ability to think strategically and to collaborate and evaluate outcomes
- Advanced knowledge on customs and other government regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of tax and legal contractual analysis
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/