Job ID 188595
Date de publication 04/20/2022
Site: Malines, Belgique
Category Lead - Electricity
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Category Specialist III will handle the development and implementation of a global sourcing strategy for a category and will be responsible for identifying, creating and capturing value from competitive advantages emerging from the company's global scale and market insights. In this role, you will have accountability for achieving established targets for the category, providing direction to guide and lead global supplier contact for strategic negotiations. You will be an essential partner in developing insights that link together value creation and deploy and assess local commercial viability.
- Develop global expertise for categories in the area of responsibility by synthesizing all technical and economic drivers of ingredients in all global markets, building relationships with key business partners and understanding global competitive dynamics of categories.
- Create global sourcing strategies that leverage business leading market positions to establish a competitive advantage in the marketplace and lead category contract negotiations with global and regional suppliers.
- Align with regional risk, management and sourcing directors and leads to develop a multifaceted global sourcing strategy that optimizes value creation for the company.
- Communicate global market drivers and local feedback and incorporate it into regional businesses to ensure long term local competitiveness of regional businesses.
- Communicate detailed market intelligence with appropriate audiences to support our commercial approach according to the customer segment, competitive positioning and market trends.
- Accountable for global sourcing initiatives, including the appropriate value capture mechanism. Implement, measure and report category value creation.
- Evaluate and deploy ingredient improvement actions and lead the transition of ingredient technology and sourcing strategy with local formulation and supply chain teams.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience in purchasing and supply chain.
- Experience with customer segmentation and pricing strategy.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/