Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The CSST EU Product Specialist is a technical expert responsible for providing advice and insights to category customers while helping the business achieve growth targets. In this role, you will understand customer strategies and needs and help them to improve their results and reach and exceed their goals through product solutions and services. You will also identify new business development opportunities within existing customers or with new opportunities, find and propose solutions, lead projects, communicate and train customers. You will be a trusted advisor to customers and provide strategic and technical direction for account managers.
- Partner with the customer's research and development team for category's customers to understand the business strategy and anticipate needs of the customer.
- Participate in technical involvement in customer contract negotiation, quarterly meetings, propose strategy, positioning and value proposition.
- Collaborate with commercial department on providing product, application, ingredient, processing expertise and training.
- Act as the technical link with marketing and technology team within research and development functions working directly with other functions to assess opportunities for improvement and provide advice and consultation.
- Deploy the category strategy and ensures all applicable teams are in line to build overall value for the category.
- Constantly expand knowledge on customers, the application and markets to create new innovation ideas for new projects.
- Assess performance against key criteria for customers with the most significant impact at the business level and grows incremental contribution margin to meet agreed targets.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of fats and oils and interactions with other ingredients in food systems
- Two or more years experience translating customer or industry needs into commercial solutions
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Effective communications skills. English verbal and written.
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
- Deep knowledge of fats and oils chemistry
- Understanding of food and regulatory requirements relevant to categories such as: bakery, snacks, confectionery or food service
- Working knowledge of food safety processes and requirements
- Understanding of production technologies used for final application
- Action oriented with emotional intelligence, energetic, good influencing skills
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/